Can I "specify" a button AND attach a script to it?

This topic is 8246 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is it possible to both "specify" a button and attach a script to it? I have around 30 layouts that users can browse through using buttons. For these buttons I have just used the "Specify Button" tool to cater each button to a specific layout. I also would like to custom sort the data before the user views it in some of the layouts. For this I have created a sort script. The problem is that I do not want to have to create 30 scripts, one for each different layout to sort the data then go to the specified layout. The sort is the same in all cases, but the destination layout is not. Through the "Specify Button" tool can I attach a script and tell it what layout to go to?

I appreciate the help, but this doesn't quite answer my question, let me try to clarify. I have 30 buttons that each go to a different layout. The buttons are designated using the "Specify Button" tool, for each I have chosen "Go to Layout (the layout I want)." This works great, the problem is that I also have a basic sorting script that I want to attach to these buttons. How do I attach the script and also keep the "Go to Layout..." function? The "Specify Button" tool will only let me pick one or the other. I don't want to have to make 30 scripts, one for each button.

Thanks in advance!

Ok, if youre going to have 30 different buttons go to 30 different layouts, then you will need to make 30 scripts. If some of the 30 buttons go to the same layout, then you only have to make scripts for each layout.

As CaptKurt explained, youll want to go to Scripts/ScriptMaker. Select the script functions from the list on the left. Create your script with the "Go to Layout" command and you can specify the layout you want. You can also put your Sort command in here. All the functions are on the list in the left window.

This topic is 8246 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.