Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Barcode Font issues

This topic is 7158 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I found a free barcode font from:

Free 3 of 9 Barcode (free3of9.ttf)

Created By: Matthew Welch

Web Address: http://www.squaregear.net/fonts/

I've installed the font in my System Font Folder. When I am in FileMaker, AppleWorks or TextEdit the font doesn't even show up these app's font list. However, when I am in Illustrator the font shows up in the list, but when I type, nothing shows up on the screen. The kicker is that when I am in Photoshop the font is in the font list and it displays correctly when I type on the screen. I am using all Mac OS X apps, and I can't figure out what the heck is going on. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm getting the same results when I install that font in Mac OS X. I've tried installing in the Library/Fonts folder and User/Library/Fonts folder as well. The font does show up in TextEdit and other programs, and works fine with FileMaker for Windows, so I'm wondering if this is a system issue or a Mac OS X issue. Any ideas, anyone?

Butchm:

Is the font at issue Free3of9, as with HampMac? I use 3of9 (not the free one - I can't recall where I got it from) and it works fine. Free3of9 doesn't work for me either. Also, it only weighs in at 8KB, whereas the regular 3of9 is 24KB. I have to wonder if there's not something wrong with the Free3of9 file.

-Stanley

This topic is 7158 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.