Scripts That Run Automatically

This topic is 8207 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Yeah, and another thing (or two)...

I'm having some trouble with a couple of scripts of mine.

The first script I'm having a problem with is with a script that prints a late notice. Basically, if the date is four days after the date in fields "Letters P Date 4" or "Letters P Date 1.4," and the fields "Letters4" or "Letters1.4" has the words "Action WS," then it will omit other records and print a Late Notice for the records that meet this criteria. The only problem is, when I run the script, it will print a Late Notice for the same two records EVERY TIME! And these two records do NOT meet the criteria layed out on the script (the date in their Letters P Date fields was NOT four or more days ago).

Here is that script:

Go to Record/Request/Page [First]

Loop

If ["Status(CurrentDate) >= Letters P Date 4 +4) and (Letters4 = "Action WS") and (IsEmpty(Action List)"]

Go to Record/Request/Page [Exit after last, Next]

Else

If ["(Status(CurrentDate) >= Letters P Date 1.4 + 4) and (Letters1.4 = "Action WS") and (IsEmpty(Action List)"]

Go to Record/Request/Page [Exit after last, Next]

Else

If ["Status(CurrentRecordNumber) = Status(CurrentFoundCount)"]

Omit Record

Exit Loop If ["1"]

Else

Omit Record

End If

End If

End If

End Loop

Go to Layout ["Late Action Notice"]

....blah, blah, blah.....

Print

Is there a procedure here that I'm missing or doing wrong??

The other script I'm having trouble with is a script that performs many other scripts. What this one does is perform many scripts, and at the end is an If function that will exit the script if a field has the word "Disabled." If not, it performs the last script. The problem with this one is that even if the word "DIsabled" appears in a field, it won't exit the script like I want it to. Here is an abbreviated version of this script:

Perform Script [sub-scripts, "Certain Script"]

Perform Script [sub-scripts, "Certain Script2"]

If ["Late Notice Print Status = "Disabled""]

Exit Script

Else

Perform Script [sub-Scripts, "Print Late Notice Sheet"]

End If

Blah, Blah

If you guys could help me, I would be thankful.

Ken

Thanks for the suggestion, Steveinvegas. Unfortuantely, I don't have any experience with plug-ins, either. I saw the Activator plugin, and its description is exactly what I need. Thanks. Now I'll just have buy it and figure out how to use it.

Hey, I'll be in Vegas Oct 12-14. I'm excited...haven't been in years!!

Thanks, Ken

Hello, Vaughan, BobWeaver, LiveOak, CaptKurt, Rigsby, and all that have helped me with FM Pro....

I'm sure it's been addressed by someone before, but is there a certain script that will open FM Pro at a certain time of day, and perform a certain script with no outside action (nobody opens FM Pro manually): Maybe with AppleScript (of which I have ZERO experience with)? If that is not possible, how do you get scripts to run automatically when FM Pro is opened??

Thanks to all in the most helpful forum in the world.

Ken

This topic is 8207 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.