Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Info from radio buttons to report

This topic is 8215 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a membership database where I track different types of members. Each membership type is listed as a radio button (ie, Basis, Professional, Supporting) in the membership field. I need to create a report that tells me who is what type of member. In my filed I have the following script If(IsEmpty(Membership Type 2001), "no", "yes"). Instead of returning the answer "yes" they are a member, I need to know what type they are. How do I get it to tell me which radio button is selected for each individual?

Thanks!

Since the radio button already determines the type of membership, why not just create a report sorted by membership. Or, create a report of a specific member type, or non-member. I' not quite sure what you intend to do with the yes/no response...

You could create a new field for member and If membership type is empty, then set Member to no, else yes.

You could then identify members vs non-members and sort by type...

does that help?

• Newbies

Yes, I can do that. But I need to create a report that tells me who is what type of member (if they are). When I set up the new layout I need a filed that will go into my Membership 2001 filed, look at which radio button was clicked, and report back what is showing in that field.

Here is what I have on my data entry form

Membership Type 2001--with the following

Basic (radio button)

Professional (radio button)

Supporting (radio button)

On my report I have created a filed that will go in a query by Membership Type 2001 and report back If(IsEmpty(Membership Type 2001), "no", "yes"). This only tells me if one of the above buttons is clicked. Those that are report back "yes."

What I need is instead of reporting back "yes" it reports back "Basic", or "Professional," or "Supporting." I need this seperate from the data entry screen (I know I can go back there to get the information), but I want a quick way to look and see what type of member someone is. Is there a filler that I can place in the formula istead of "yes" (ie. XXX) to tell me which radio button is clicked?

This topic is 8215 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.