Example plugin & Plugins with delphi

This topic is 7250 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, I'm trying to create a filemaker plugin for the first time. I've copied cpp_example, FMAPI, and FMTemplate from the Developer 7 disk and created a new DLL project in VC++ 6, then added the FMPluginHandlers.cpp file and compiled.

I rename the resulting DLL file to plugin.fmx and place it in the extensions directory.

Problem is, when I start filemaker I don't see the plugin :-(

It doesn't help that my c++ skills are very weak making c++ oriented documentation difficult to follow. Can someone please tell me where I'm going wrong?

Also, has anyone seen, heard of, or is capable of making delphi translations of the c++ plugin headers? I tryed compiling the headers to an .obj and linking them with delphi but it seems VC++ format object files aren't compatable with borland compilers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Newbies

Request :-) I've been discussing my problems in a coding irc channel. Would it be possible for one of you borland c++ coders to create an obj or two that I can link with my delphi apps? It needn't be anything too complicated, just a function to setup some callbacks. I'd prefer Filemaker 5.5 compatable at this time.

Thanks in advance for any helps given.

• Newbies

Since my last posting here, I've managed to compile one of the examples from 24U using the CodeWarrior Trial. At the moment I only have developer 7 but need to develop for FM6 also. Just waiting on the disk now to try the D6 template. :(-)

This topic is 7250 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.