This topic is 8204 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok....I just got Filemaker and am trying to do a simple script. I am doing a database to organize my photos and keep track of what markets I have submitted them to.

The script I want is....I have a drop down menu of the categories for the photos (sunset, flower, animals, etc). I also have a field that has possible magazines to submit the photo to. I want a scipt that will see the category and then automatically input the possible magazines in the other field. What would be the best way to go about that?

Sort of a If, then script I suppose

I'd like to take a moment to make a plea for informative titles.

I don't mean to single this thread out, but it caught my eye at the wrong time, so...

The title "HELP!" is totally uninformative. Of course you want help; you wouldn't be posting here otherwise. Please, everyone, give some clue in your titles as to what you want help with.

Thank you,

Dan

First off, thank you LiveOak for the great reply....it worked.

Now...as for the title. The title "I need a script that places text in a field based on the reults of another field" was too long. And "I need a script" is about as useless as "HELP" in a scripting forum. The fact is, I thought about what to title it, and couldn't think of anything....sorry for that. Plus I was in a hurry and didn't give it much thought hoping someone like LiveOak would respond....which he did....thank you.

This topic is 8204 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.