Object positioning and ruler use

Hijack

This topic is 7243 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hola everyone,

Anyone know of a way of getting the FM graphic ruler to begin at position 0? If I go into layout mode and enable the graphic ruler, it begins at the "true edge" of the page according to my current printer configuration. So, the first x number of pixels on the left (could be 8, could be 18, could be anything) are considered to be the gutter and usable area of the layout doesn't begin there.

It makes it tougher to position items if I can't rely on even numbers. I.E. if I want to make a 500 pixel wide window and my printer def is currently an Epson Stylus Photo printer, I have to wrap my thinking around an 8 by 508 working area.

If I change to an HP 4P, my working area suddenly shifts to 18 to 518.

This dynamic representation of the graphic ruler makes it VERY tough to keep a scratch pad of valid position notes for layout elements. I've attached a small example of a layout. The top line element is select and is as flush left as possible. You'll see that it begins at pixel 8

Thanks all!

David Wolfe

Indianapolis, IN

Layout.gif

Ah ha. Well, that gets around the main issues I have. FM gripes about the layout work area being in the gutter and some things possibly being clipped when printed but these layouts won't be for printing anyway so this will do nicely.

Thanks Steve!

Best place for answers.... FMForums.

This topic is 7243 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.