Embarassingly Easy

This topic is 8170 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I perform a find for Mary in a name field. I create a new script and call it Find Mary. The script works. In ScriptMaker I go to edit the script and the line reads Perform Find [Restore]. I print the script and I see Perform Find [Request 1: First Mary].

I looked everywhere before posting this question, so please forgive me: Why can't I see the details in ScriptMaker and more importantly how do I edit the variable Mary in the future?

It is for these reason that many people choose to "build" the find request in the script -- they are self-documenting and very easy to change.

An example might be:

Enter Find mode []

Set Field [ firstname, "Mary" ]

Perform Find []

Note that the options to restore find requests are *not* selected in either the Enter Find or Perform Find steps.

Just to clarify, if I take advantage of having ScriptMaker sniff out my last Find and automatically plug it into a new script, that I will not be able to modify it in the future? Seems like a deficiency easily solved, too bad if I understand correctly. At least there is a workaround.

You can modify the find any time (or rather replace it with a different find), but the find criteria will not appear in the script. If you execute the find script, then immediately do a Modify Last Find, you can see how the find is set up. Change the find criteria, open the script, and click OK. When a dialog box appears, under Find Requests choose Replace.

This topic is 8170 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.