Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Need help Developing an Attendance Database

This topic is 7092 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can stirr me to the right direction. Basically i need to develop attendance database.I already have a database which is student record. Now, I want to track the attendance base on Classes . There is the tricky part, i am having issue with going about this. i know that i need to develop some kind of relational database.

the classes type are, Anatomy, Technique, Business, Hydrotheraphy, Internship, Physiologyy. I want to record the hour miss and the classes the students attendance. if anyone have example file that i can look at, i would appreciate it. i running fm 6.0

I don't have an example file but here are some thoughts. Students and Classes are many to many relationship using a join table Enrollment. Attendance is a line item table of Enrollment. There will one record for every class meeting for every student in the class. The record will not be large, Student-Class ID, Date and Boolean Yes or No.

• 3 months later...
  • Newbies

I have already developed a layout for attendance but I am trying to figure out how to store the data. I have created an enter button but I am not sure of the code that I should put inside in order to store and backup the data somewhere either in the database or on the computer hard drive. Can someone please help me with some information or please send me an example attendance database in filemaker pro 7.0 that I can look at and use for reference. Thank you!!!!

This topic is 7092 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.