mass mailer script

DougEfresh

This topic is 7200 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm the webmaster and technical advisor for a non profit international organization by the name of Save What's Left

I have designed a database to keep track of our sister clubs. However I need a mass emailer script to make the database complete. If anyone is willing to help us out it would be greatly appreciated. We would be unable to pay for any services you would provide to us however your services would help us greatly.

Thanks in advance.

Doug

Do you have a file containing all of the contact information for your members and sister club members?

The script is pretty simple:

Perform Find [records for those you want to send to]

Loop

Send Mail[specify To: Body: etc. for each iteration]

Go to Record[next, exit after last]

End Loop

Since you'll be on a different record for each loop iteration, you'll send one email for each record. (Just make sure you don't check the "include all records in found set" option or you'll send many emails to each user)

If the body of each email should be the same, you can use a global field. Otherwise the easiest thing to do is use a calcuated text field to have a custom message for each person.

Let me know if you run into trouble.

Dana

Will i have to type each email individually or can i use a generic email for all. Ok heres what i need to do i need to email not just like two people from the list. I need to beable to email everyone in my database at once. Also even though im makeing this database on a windows machine running FMP6unlimited all the entries into this database will be made on computers running macosx with fmp6unlimited. I need everything to work cross platform.

Doug

I think you need to read the filemaker manual about using the calculation dialog box.....

The & signs are for concatenating text. Double quotes should only go around literal text. If you put them around Field Names and & symbols, you'll just see the field names and the &.

I've attached the fixed file.. compare carefully how I've changed what you had before.

SchoolList.fp5.zip

This topic is 7200 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.