Big time newbie question

This topic is 8102 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am definately a newbie at FileMaker as you will be able to tell by my question....I have a filemaker database with a layout I want to view in a webpage. That part works great. On my layout, I have several tabs that link to different layouts. I can get the layouts to change appropriately. However, in the web viewing (while in edit mode), if I click the tab without submitting the page first, it takes me to the next tab but does not retain any changes made in the previous tab. Can someone help me please. I tried to make a script to do it, but I can't find a submit script inside of Filemaker. Any help would be appreciated. I am using FileMaker 5.5.

Thank you,

synbios1978

• 3 weeks later...

Someone in the "Using Filemaker Online" section could probably better answer your question.

Basically, you have to submit that form to the server before moving to the next screen otherwise the server doesn't know that anything has happened. It has to do with the way the internet works.

If it is a linear set up where you can only move forward through screens, you could use JavaScript to make sure the form is submitted before moving to the next page/screen.

Good luck! Be sure to check out the sections of the forum dedicated to the internet deployment of FMP ...

This topic is 8102 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.