Server Maintenance This Week. ×

compound find for reports

This topic is 8230 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm trying to allow users to search records, using two parameters, to produce customized reports. The two search parameters are presented in their own layout through checkboxes (using two predefined value lists). Once the user has chosen one or many options within each parameter, I'm then trying to write the script that matches up the checked options to produce the correct find requests. Example:

Search 1 (options=1,2,3,4); user checks 2 & 4

Search 2 (options=A,B,C); user checks A & B

I've successfully scripted finds for each parameter (using a loop, inserting calculated result into the field to be searched), but have not managed to figure out how to combine the selections from each parameter to produce the accurate find requests (2&A, 4&A, 2&B, 4&:. Any hints?? Thanks!!

Try making a calulation field which checks each option to see if it has been selected, if it has, then set it to the calc field, use ands to separate ifs so that all data is stored, not written over top of each other. then make a layout which has all the relevant fields on it. Then in your script, perform a find which sets the data in the calc to the real fields that holds the values, and you should come up with the correct find.

There was a post about performing OR finds recently added to the forum. First read the manual on multiple find requests to see how they work, then create a script that generates the requests in Find mode and popualtes the fields with the correct values.

This topic is 8230 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.