Required FMPro logo??

daniel_uk

This topic is 7247 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Just a quick question about FMPro7 Runtime solutions - two I've seen have 'splash' screens appear when you shut-down the app - both with wording very similar to 'made with filemaker'.

Are you forced to include such a screen / or does it indeed appear by default?

On the same note is there any way to remove the FileMaker logo from the 'about' menu? I know you can alter the splash screen on exit. Maybe using a resource hack or something?

I understand its altering the program and FM probably wouldn't condone it, but a custom icon on your runtime constitutes the same I reckon! smirk.gif

To the best of my knowledge all runtime solutions are suppose to have a dedicated "about" layout that displays information about the solution and your contact information. Also note that you can have custom extensions at the end of the runtime solution. These can be registered with Filemaker to make certain they are unique. The same is true of custom functions. If I am wrong feel to correct me guys.

As far as a custom icon. I don't think that would be a problem. It is my belief that Filemaker requires all runtimes solutions to have our contact information, an about layout, and an ending screen with the Filemaker logo is to ensure that everyone knows that Filemaker was used to create the solution. After all Filemaker's primary consumer is the small to medium sized business. This is an enforced word of mouth marketing tactic. Now the editing of the actual runtime's code is probably a breach of your license agreement. I would reread the fine print on this one.

-Al

This topic is 7247 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.