Buggy Graphics

Strouss

This topic is 7177 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

What is with the buggy graphics in layout mode??? Lines looking cutup and such? If I scroll off screen and then back sometimes it corrects it. It has been that way from filemaker 5 to 7 and it seems that 7 is worse. It happens on multiple computers with multiple licenses. Is there a fix for this? Is it a Windows thing?

Thanks for the reply Reed. I first noticed it when I upgraded from 4 to 5. It seemed to follow file conversion. Are there any known problems with converting files to new upgrades. It is also happening on a brand new file that I'm working on in 7.

Are these graphics posted directly on the layout?

What kind of graphics are they? (jpeg, gif, 3d, etc.)

How big are they in size? ( 65K, 350K, 3mgs, etc.)

Are they layered?

Maybe a little more information is needed. Right now we are comparing apples (mac), and oranges (win)

Please update your profile to reflect the platform, operating system and version of FileMaker you are using, then it won't be necessary to put it in your post. The link is the word "profile" in the box below your name on the left.

HTH

Lee cool.gif

Hello Lee,

Your right I should give more info.

When I say "Graphics" I mean layout elements. Lines and drawn boxes as well as fields. I don't have any pictures or any actual artwork. None of my layouts are large, very minimal. No big graphical objects.

I didn't know you could layer things in filemaker. In this instance I have a colored box drawn over the body with fields on top of that. Would this be considered layering?

I get shadowing, lines are cut and misaligned and half fields among other problems. It can get so bad that I need to close the file and reopen it so that I can see what I am doing. Sometimes it even carries over into browse mode but the file prints OK. As a fact when it prints, it corrects the screen.

As I said it has been going on for years over multiple versions on multiple computers with multiple files old and new. That is why I thought it was a bug. Maybe there is a particular setting in Windows that I activated and the two are conflicting.

Thanks again,

Matt

This topic is 7177 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.