Stopping Menu > Format functions

This topic is 7249 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In the Edit Privilege Set dialog, you can disallow the format menus (along with most of the others) by changing Available menu commands to "Minimum." This applies to all accounts assigned to that privilege set for the whole file.

Well, that of course, opens it's own set of problems ...

I have continual problems with Users changing font attributes throughout the solution. Many fields should remain the default font, size and black color (for consistency throughout the solution) and for printing. But yet I haven

I'm curious to see what you've come up with, but I can't get the download to work. frown.gif

I know you've been avoiding plug-ins, but SecureFM with MenuMagic can give fine control of all the menu items. If you're not familiar with it, you should at least check out the demo. Maybe it will be worth the price.

I just tried the download and it works, but I was uploading a version with some commenting in place and maybe that's what wonked it out for you. blush.gif

Whether I lock down with Privileges or SecureFM w/Menu Magic (which I have and love), the problems are the same. Once text attributes are restricted, the User needs some freedom. Management requested relaxing some fields - but limiting what they can select. That's why I'm implementing this process. And I will be using SecureFM instead, but it complicated asking for help on it. This way, even if one doesn't have SecureFM, they can assist me. wink.gif

Thanks Mike! I hope you get a chance to help me with it. smile.gif

Yep. A Developer can change field definitions. But what if Management changes their minds? Call the Developer. And what if they want 11-16 point acceptable but no more? I wanted something controled through Browse so Management can set allowable style options. I considered individual auto-enter replace calcs, but yikes ... not only would that require a Developer to add to each field (and change them), but it would sure add alot of auto-enter calculations which could remove every possible style change?.

My plan is to restrict colors to darkness which is readable instead of staff changing it to white - which they've done!! Or 48 point - which they've done!! That's fine in a flyer (and can be easily specified by Management within min and max size in Style Assistant) but not appropriate for a comment field which would look wonky on a form view in 48 pt. My attempt is to provide flexibility and control without Developer intervention - so Management can, on a field-by-field basis, determine what is appropriate (on those fields which should be relaxed and allow stylizing). Normally, text attributes are unlocked (all colors and sizes available) or they are locked - whether plugin or privileges. We need inbetween with Management handling it. smirk.gif

This topic is 7249 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.