Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Docuemting database program

This topic is 8122 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Don't think it' possible to print a script unless there's a plug-in available.

Can't say as I'd want to try editing a script in MS Word -- or any other program for that matter. Either the script is simple enough that you don't need to mess around with programming "on paper", or it's complex enough that you need to be able to test what you've done.

I have also heard that in Windows there is a printer under the Generic Section called Generic/txt...

Personally I find Acrobat handy for this. I print my field definitions and scripts to a Postscript file, run it through Distiller, then I can search for things pretty quickly.

• Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by danjacoby:

Can't say as I'd want to try editing a script in MS Word -- or any other program for that matter. Either the script is simple enough that you don't need to mess around with programming "on paper", or it's complex enough that you need to be able to test what you've done.

• Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by JAG:

quote:

Originally posted by danjacoby:

Thanks for the input. I was hoping there would be some way to export the script to a text file. I want to do this because sometimes I wish to take part of a complex script (or all of it)to put in a document I am writing to document a program. If I could do this, I could insert the script and add a lengthy discussion of how the script works. I do this manually now and find it invaluable for some time in the future when I need to trouble shoot the program.

I obviously don't do this for simple, direct scripts, only complex, invloved ones where the logic is not clear.

This topic is 8122 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.