Server Maintenance This Week. ×

CLosing a Database

This topic is 8095 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I have a series of different databases for our buisness. They are all linked to one that is called "Home". From "Home", I link to all of the other databases, "Inventory", "Invoice", "Purchasing/Recieving" ect.. In all of the inidividual databases I have a script to sends the user to "Home" It is nothing more than the step

Close[invoice.fp5]

For all but one of the databases, this works fine. But in one, the script runs but nothing happens. What am I missing? I am not any advanced user so I may not be using the best tool for the job.

Thanks,

Steven

My first thought was that the file was closing but then was opening up again because some field on the home file's layout was referencing the file via a relationship. But you say "nothing happens." If that were the case the file would close and then open again, but it would be hidden.

So I'm not sure. frown.gif Perhaps the script is corrupted? Try deleting the script and recreating it. Are you able to manually close the file? Try using a Toggle Window [ Hide ] instead, and see if that works.

Chuck

If you want to send users home, don't close files. Create a script "go home" in the Homedb database...

Go to Layout [home]

Refresh Window [bring to front]

In the other database, instead of closing them do this...

Perform Script [external, Homedb, "go home"]

It's the Refresh Window [bring to front] step that does the magic.

This topic is 8095 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.