Find, Display, Go...?

This topic is 8065 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone! Can anyone help me with this idea. What I'm trying to do is from one file search a number of fields (named the same thing) in another file, display certain of the results that matcha criteria (between this number and that), and then be able to click a button beside one of the displayed numbers to go to the layout in the other file that contains that number. Every different number would be in a different layout.

If that makes sense and you have any ideas, I'd appreciate your help. Thanks!

Ben

quote:

Originally posted by onlyu2:

Every different number would be in a different layout.

That can't be right -- are you sure you're not confusing layouts with records?

Set up a script in the "other" file that performs the script, then goes to a list view layout. Include a button in the body of the layout that goes to a single-record view layout.

Then create a script in the "main" file that performs an external script -- the one you created for the "other" file.

Dan's idea sounds good. I also had trouble understanding the question, but that just leaves me more options in my solution! wink.gif

This will work if your search term is an exact match in the related file: make a global field in the main file, and relate it to the field you're "searching" in the other file. Then make a portal in the main file that shows records from the related file. Now when you enter something in the global field, matching items will appear in the portal, and you can make a button in the portal that takes you to the related record. cool.gif

This topic is 8065 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.