Navigate from Record in List to Detail

gata

This topic is 7169 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am working on kiosk db. I have a "Search" layout that the user can use to find specific book records. After hitting the search button, the user is taken to the results Layout which is in List Mode. If they would like to see the information for a particular title, how can I take them to a Detail Layout for that one record?

I would like something that functions like a web hyperlink- meaning they can click on the title and go directly to that record instead of having to type anything in to a new field to get there. Is that possible?

Thanks for any advice,

Catherine

You can make one of the fields (such as the title) a button to open a new window in form view, go to a form layout, or change the current layout to form view. Or you can format a graphic as a button to do the same thing.

I just wanted to chime in that there is a sample, which comes with Filemaker 7 called Contacts, which does what you are looking for. So if your looking for a sample, that's where you can find it.

also, the list view, each row is actually a button. i found it very challenging to click on the button. So, just as a friendly hint, you may have to click around a bit to find the right spot.

hope that adds to the help Queue provided.

sincerely,

J__

Use the "go to related record" action attached to a button (clear) placed over the name area.

You may need to create a self join to get "related records".

See the relationships area for assistance with getting the right records in the display.

This topic is 7169 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.