I need help!! Trying to email certain pages

officehelper

This topic is 7158 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am new at FM but know enough about computers to realize that the possibilities are virtually endless.

I have several docs that I formatted as a layout. I use these forms daily to input data from our clients and contacts. Almost daily I need to email these forms. Currently I'm using MS word to input data if I need to mail it, and FM if they want it faxed.

Is there a way to add a button to this page that will enable me to email it to a client, and have it in either word or pdf format? I use outlook express and Have no idea how this would be done

Thanks

One solution that comes to my mind is to get a PDF Printer, and what that is is a driver that you install on your computer that allows you to print the screen that you have to a PDF instead of a printer. We use that currently for our database to send customers PDF copies of their invoices. It is called PEERNET PDF and is available on their website if you want to download a demo.

ok.. what's the script? I'm very new to Fm and fellinto this position. The Office supervisor before me didn't develop our database, and the one that did is no longer around. I'm the only one in the office who even has a little clue of what to do, but when it comes to scripts i don't know where to begin.

any help?

Check out the online help regarding the Send Mail step. For your attachment, you'll need to either name the document the same every time, so that it knows exactly where it lives and what it's called, or use a plug-in that allows for dynamic naming. I don't know what that plug-in would be, but someone around here should be able to recommend one. Or you might find one if you do a search on this site for +dynamic +email +attachment.

Hi, officehelper! FileMaker has a built-in scripting tool called ScriptMaker that will allow you to do all sorts of things, especially automate repetitive tasks. I'd suggest making a new db (or copy an existing one) and start fooling around with it. You'll get the hang of it. It's under the SCRIPTS menu.

--ST

Hi, I have been working on a similar work. Steve and other guys had helped me but still I have not completed it since the customer does not want this in priority.

I took the following steps:

1. Installed PDFWriter on my machine.

2. In one of the scripts use the print script step and then select the pdf writer in the printer selection pop up box.

3. The only thing here which needs to be done manually is saving of the new pdf file. Make sure that you always save the file in the same directory(keeping the file name same by replacing the old file with the new one would definitely help).

4. Then use the send mail script step. Specify the newly created file's path as an attachment. Refer to filemaker pro help for more details.

5. For ease, I have made a calculation field to hold the path to the attachment. Rest all the fields(to, subject, email body) I am setting dynamically.

Hope this gives you some hint.

Thanks,

--Sanjay

This topic is 7158 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.