Stopping OpenURL from losing focus

This topic is 8034 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I need to send a 'request' to a URL but I don't want to loose focus from FMPro. Everything I have tried on Mac and PC takes me off to the Browser! I don't want to go off to the browser but I want the hit to the URL to be made.

The request causes a field to be updated on my webserver and allows basic comms between the FMPro database and the web server. Any ideas?

quote:

Originally posted by Ivan Markovic:

I need to send a 'request' to a URL but I don't want to loose focus from FMPro. Everything I have tried on Mac and PC takes me off to the Browser! I don't want to go off to the browser but I want the hit to the URL to be made.

The request causes a field to be updated on my webserver and allows basic comms between the FMPro database and the web server. Any ideas?

On Mac try this

code:

OpenURL[your URL, no dialog]

performAppleScript[tell me to activate]

HTH

Dj

Hey Ivan.

I don't if it works on the Mac, but this script seems to work on the PC:

Open URL ["http://mandolincafe.com"]

Pause/Resume Script ["0:00:05"]

Send Message ["FileMaker Pro.exe","aevt","odoc"]

The Send Message step opens the file FileMaker Pro.exe. (Make sure to click the Bring target application to foreground option).

I included the five-second pause because Internet Explorer wants to come to the foreground once the page is loaded, but the Send Message brings FM to the foreground immediately. So you need to give IE five seconds (or whatever is appropriate for your computer) to do it's thing, then FM can take over.

This topic is 8034 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.