Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Tutorial for making protal?

Fred777

This topic is 7125 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Fred,

To answer your question. Yes, there are some out there. However, you may not need find one.

Most of the time, the key field used in a relationship is at the bottom of the problem like you describe. The Key Field needs to meet a couple of requirements in order for the relationship to work. The most common mistake is that they are of different types. Meaning one is a text field and the other is a number.

If you can, post a striped down copy of your files, and we can take a look at them maybe help you that way. Or, I can post a simple example for you to look at.

HTH

Lee

cool.gif

Hi Lee,

I would like to do something simple. I would like to display (via the Internet) 10 records at a time on a screen, and eventually figure out how to get it to automatically display the next 10 records (similiar to the scroll you see when you check the fligh status of a plane on the monitors at aiports).

As far as I know I need to set-up a portal to get the screen to display only 10 records at a time (instead of all the records).

here's what i have done:

I setup 2 tables.

Table 1 fields: sectionnumber, clientname

Table2 fields: number, name

I then create a relation and tell it: sectionnumber=number and clientname=name (I make them all text)

i then create a Portal box in a new layout and throw in the sectionnumber and clientname field

Im doing something wrong or leaving out a step.

thanks!

I supect that your problem is, at least in part, do to your Key fields. I read your post as saying that they are in different order in the two files? If Fila A has the Key as name and number, then in order for it to relate properly, the File B Key also needs to be in the same order.

Lee

cool.gif

This topic is 7125 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.