CPU requirements for FMP server 7 adv

This topic is 7113 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I recently purchased FMP server 7 adv and was dismayed to learn that my current equipment (2 400mhz G3s w/512RAM) is below the recommended CPU specs. I called Filemaker and the tech guy stuck to the party line and said a G4 or better running at a min. of 500mhz was required. Has anybody tested this out? If I do need a new machine, can any mac types advise on the relative merits of an xserve over a regular powermac G4, and also on the relative merits of OSx server over using the built-in apache server.

thanks

Just a thought, but have you even tried to install it yet? I've noticed a lot of times that while it mentiones as the minumum specs on the outside of the box, it still installs and runs. I tested installing FMServer 6 on a Pentium 1 machine, and it works just fine. Now true, it's slower than molassis going uphill, but it still works.

There have been numerous reports on different lists about people running in trouble by trying to run FMSA on machines below requirements.

Note that you won't be able to get support. So with no support and confirmed problems, do you really want to risk the heart of your deployment?

This topic is 7113 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.