Could not Draw Picture file FMPv6

Danl

This topic is 7119 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm in a Mac Network using FM Server 5.5 and FMPv6.0.4. And last week I updated the Server and now the Images do not appear. The Servers and File Locations were all named the same. The Pictures were stored as "use only a Reference" and now only display "Could not draw picture file:sampleimage.jpg".

Can the References be reset, other than manually relocating every image (7000+). In FMPv7 I could use a Calculation to show a Container with Path & File Name. How do you fix this in v6?

Can the References be reset, or can an entire group be Batched? etc?

Please Help. I'm pretty good with Filemaker, except when it fails.

Dan

Where are the images stored? Just updating server should not cause a problem. The images are accessed by the client using the reference information, not through the server. Each client must be able to resolve the file path to the image(s). Can you manually open the pictures on the client machines using a jpeg viewer?

This is one reason (speed is the other) that we don't store images or references in large image solutions. We store image name and the default file path (in a preferences file). The images are retrieved using Troi file, which thumbnails them on the fly, and place in global fields. If the path to the images changes, we just change the default path in preferences.

-bd

• Newbies

Thanks for your pursuit of this. I tried to match the Path exactly. The aliases to the Server needed to be updated. Now while in FMP, as a Record is being Broused, once you go to the next Record a Apple System connect to Server dialog appears. If you accept it, or alter it, the dialog won't connect.

Troi is cool, but FMP7 I think will also rapidly resolve this, "image: path image.jpg" Except it's going to take more than a quick rewrite.

Can the Path stored in FMP be viewed, so I could attempt to match it?

Thanks, Dan

• Newbies

Hello DB

Thanks for your help in all this. i used a Meta xxx Magic trick to view the Path, I had failed to update the Hard Drive Name. Once completed, the Path was restored and all is well. Plug ins offer nice features, but in FMP7, I may just develope a Calculated Path, and they'll all be done automattically.

Again thanks, I would have felt real bad paying FM Tech Support for that call.

Dan

This topic is 7119 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.