Strange Application/Memory Reference Error

This topic is 7093 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm having a strange problem with my opener files. For 95% of the users/computers it works fine. There is a seperate copy of the file on each desktop, it's not shared in any way. When some users open the file is gives them the following error:

"FileMaker Pro: FileMaker Pro.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x77805a10" referenced memory at "0x0021f000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program "

It's not a faulty install of FM Pro because different users logged in under the same PC can use it fine. It's not a privelage issue because one of the Admins here is having problems with it on his machine.

I have tried creating a new opener file on their specific machine. While it gives the error when you just launch that file directly from the desktop, you can open the file in FM pro, run the script manually, and it will work as it should.

The script consists of:

Allow user abort (off)

set error capture (on)

open(minimized, ...hostsfile...)

This script is set to run when the file is opened, like any other opener file.

It's also not OS specific, some W2k machines have problems, some XP machines have problems. Very odd! Any ideas?

We've seen - previously there, now gone - printers toss up errors like the one you are seeing. Take a look in the Filemaker section of the Windows registry and you might see an odd or old printer associated with the troublesome user.

We have fixed the problem by wacking the user's Windows profile on the offending machine but be sure you copy all of the user's stuff first.

Good luck.

This topic is 7093 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.