Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Saving results of find/report

Randy

This topic is 8194 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a commission report that summarizies the total commission due to each sales person on my staff. I have 2 questions related to this report -

1. If the find results in no records found, how can I print out a no commission due report?

2. I'd like to "save" these reports (find results) to have a record of what has been paid and for which projects. What is the best way to save these results? I have considered populating a 2nd set of duplicate fields with the results, but this seems awfully repetitive and not very efficient.

Thanks in advance!!

Randy

First of all what is the report summarizing? What is the structure of your database like? What about the reports do you want to "save"?

I am sure that your questions are easily answered, but without more information about your setup, it will be difficult to answer them without being too generic and that may not really help you.

Kurt,

Thanks for the reply.

My report summarizies total invoice amount, total job cost, etc., and then calculates a commission amount based on the net profit and a percentage. Some of the fields originate within the database that generates the report and some are being pulled from a related database.

I'd like the ability to view/reference the report after the original time it is generated. I'd guess I should explain that the report is based on a find that pulls all invoices that have been paid by the client and that the commission status field is not paid. Once the find has been completed and the report is printed, the commission status field is marked paid. The next time commissions are due a new batch of invoices are found, if the sales staff has been doing their job.

My question of "saving" a report really extends beyond this particular report. I have many databases and applications where this ability would be handy. I have considered exporting the report(s) to Excel and saving it as reference, but if I could keep all the data within the database it would be preferrable.

Thanks for your time and expertise.

Randy

This topic is 8194 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.