"Columnar List/Report" layout won't display data

Tendance

This topic is 7145 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all,

Please pardon me for the stupid question i'm asking and those that will certainly follow but i'm brand new at FM and have been playing around with my 3 days old FM Pro 7 program with no success to have my first DB running.

Here's the first shot ???

I have three tables, linked at each others by "=" connections. I also have made three layout types with the corresponding tables fields as an interface for the user to enter a new line in the DB.

What i would like to make is a report layout where the user could browse the DB entries. Here, when i create this layout and put various fields from the three tables, only those from one table would display. How can i get data from all the tables in my "Columner list/report" layout ?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Tendance:

Welcome to the Forums.

The first thing to do is check that your relationships are working. For the moment, forget about the columnar report. Create a new layout in the table you want the make the columnar report in, but make this layout a "standard form." Tell it to "move all" the fields in, and go to layout mode. Now drag all the related fields which you would want to appear in your columnar report into the layout. Just to make sure you've got the concept, when you drag the "field" icon into the layout, go to the relationship in the dialog box, then pick the field you want in the ensuing dialog.

Once you've put all the desired fields in, switch to browse mode and see if the related fields are correctly populated with data. Jump around the database and look at various records. If the data isn't showing up, then there is something wrong with your relationships. I suspect this will turn out to be the problem.

If so, then once you've fixed the relationships, you can create a new columnar report, and in the dialog for which fields to add, you can add all your fields right there, even from the related tables.

Hope that helps

-Stanley

This topic is 7145 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.