Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Message when a file is corrupted

This topic is 7113 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

First, a complaint: Why, when i search for "corrupt and must be recovered" on FMI's knowledge base, should i get pages and pages of results that have nothing to do with anything? I know it's been said before, but AAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Now, my question: I am trying to write up a manual and am looking for the exact wording of the message i will paraphrase here: "[FILENAME] is corrupt and must be recovered. Please select Recover from the File menu." (FMP 6) If anybody has that handy, please post it, for i will soon be forced to open my valuable .fp5 files and then kill the power in the hopes that will corrupt something.

TIA,

Jerry

Still on this subject... Steve, i read a post of yours from a long time ago about trapping for 805 errors. Were you ever able to figure out a way of doing that?

I've read in another post about an idea of using a global field in each file to which "1" or some other flag is written upon a proper shutdown. Then a test for IsEmpty ( relationshgip::flagField ) will show whether or not the file is corrupt. I have enough files that i do not look forward to the propsect of creating relationships to each of them from my opener file for this purpose, and i hope there's another way.

TIA,

Jerry

This topic is 7113 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.