combine tables in one file

This topic is 7123 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been slowly rebuilding my solution. Just for the fun of it I thought I would try converting my old files. I have not tried this since 7.03 upgrade.

2 problems came up.

1. The new files will not open, I think I have a file reference problem since it tells me it can not find an file, but the file is there.

2. The files are not combined into one solution. When I read the manual I understand that you have to buy a third party software to combine tables into one solution, I am having troubling beliving fm would do that. Can you confirm there is no way to simply put the tables together.

This is the answer I expected, Just wanted to make sure I did not miss something.

I just checked FM robot and it appears it is only PC

Any word on when the mac version is comming out?

It also appears you need FIleMaker Developer to get the most out of FM Robot, is that true?

This is a tough one, but any word on if FIleMaker will add an import feature with 7.1 (or 8.0).

FM migrator relies on the ODBC features (create table,...) so it can only create tables and fields that xDBC supports (no calculations, no globals, ...). It can also not set all the field options that FMrobot can, and it can be a hassle to set up (DSNs,...).

FMrobot works under VitualPC if you're on a Mac.

I down loaded a demo of migrator. 30+ steps including transfering to a pc. I have decided im my case it is easier to re-enter the field definitions. I do hope FM addresses this in the next move up. I would be happy if you could import the fields and data even if the scripts, relationships and layouts dont come with them.

This topic is 7123 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.