Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Set Field Not Working

This topic is 8616 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a relational database with 5 files. I want to set a field in the main file with the contents of a field in one of the related files. I've established a relationship (members::members) in my main db and am using a button scripted as follows: Set Field ["members", "club 1::members"]. This identical script works perfectly if the reference field is on a different layout within the same db but I can't make it work when drawing from a related file. What am I missing?

quote:

Originally posted by tmac:

I have a relational database with 5 files. I want to set a field in the main file with the contents of a field in one of the related files. I've established a relationship (members::members) in my main db and am using a button scripted as follows: Set Field ["members", "club 1::members"]. This identical script works perfectly if the reference field is on a different layout within the same db but I can't make it work when drawing from a related file. What am I missing?

It's not much to go on, but the first thing I would check is that there is a value in the related field that can be set to the local field. The easiest way to do this would be to place the related field on a layout in the local file. If there's no value in the field on the layout, then that's why you're not getting anything in your local field with the Set Field script step.

If there _is_ a value in the field on the layout, then you may have some corruption. Try recovering both files, as well as saving a compressed copy and saving a clone and importing. I've found that doing all three of these increased the chance of fixing damaged files.

Chuck

This topic is 8616 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.