Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Auction: Incremental value calculation

This topic is 8544 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Problem description:

I need a formula to calculate an incremental value based upon another value. I also need that value to display all of the increments. The increments also need to change based upon the "Starting_Bid"

For example, for a fm5 file called "donor.fp5" I have a (#) field called "Fair_Market_Value". I also have a (calc) field that is called "Guaranteed_Bid" (150% of "Fair_Market_Value"). I have a "Starting_Bid" field which is a calculating field that takes 20% of "Fair_Market_Value" and puts it in the first column under Bid Amount on my layout. Underneath that I want the bid amounts to increase based upon the orginal amount which is the "Fair Market Value" and the chart below.

Can someone write the formula or give me some serious help so that when I enter an amount in the "Fair_Market_Value" field (which will then adjusts the "Starting_Bid" field) the bid increments are displayed on the layout? These layouts will then be printed and placed next to items for our silent auction.

Bid Raise Increments:

Dollar Amounts Increments

$10-25 $2

$30-45 $4

$50 $5

$55-70 $6

$75-90 $8

$95-100 $10

$105-125 $12

$130-145 $14

Thank you!

Steve

• 1 month later...

It sounds to me that you need more than a calculation field or two... you probably need a couple of scripts and a whole heap of other stuff to make this happen, probably including related fields and records.

It's a big, complicated task.

This topic is 8544 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.