Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Auto-Sizing Portal

This topic is 7085 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've had several print layouts where I've needed to use portals to display the related data. This is fine when the data fits into the portal, but I can't use a vertical scroll bar on a printed page. My particular problem is made worse, when I have two portals on the page.

I've posted this around and no-one seems to know how to do it, so I assume it's not possible.

Dupe the layout and in layout mode double click on the portal ...and guess what?? Uncheck the option regarding scrollbar smile.gif But you would perhaps need to cut up the poral so you show related records 1 thru 7 in the first cutting and 8 thru ... in the next.

--sd

OK, I understand about splitting it up, but are you able to access the 'Initial Rows' and 'Number of Rows' portal variables from withing scripts? I can't find any way to do it. Are you suggesting putting in a number of portals, say one above the other, and then making them visible as I need them?

Yes you can allthough it's a bit tricky. Given the newcenturydata file as an example could it be done like this:

Set Error Capture [ On ] 

Go to Portal Row [ Get ( PortalRowNumber ) + 1 ] [ Select; No dialog ] 

If [ Get ( LastError ) ] 

Go to Next Field 

Go to Next Field 

Go to Next Field 

End If Set Error Capture [ Off ] 

But in real life might it be quicker to stuff the data in, via a traditional portal, leaving the cut up's for printing purposes only.

--sd

This topic is 7085 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.