Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Automatically add information from other fields?

This topic is 8556 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I would really appreciate any help:

I don't want to put multiple search fields on my custom webpage. Is it possible to just add one text field to the web page that would search from multiple fields in the database (name, phone, address, etc)? How do I do this? What's the correct CDML code?

If that's not possible I thought about creating a field in filemaker that would have all the information from different fields copied into it. But my problem is that the database is constantly changing and I would like the field to automatically aquire the information from other fields. Now how do I do this? In a nutshell I want a single field to contain all the information from all the other fields in the current record. I don't want to copy&paste every singe field manually. This is a bit urgent so any help is highly appreciated, thanks!

Create a calculation field that is set to something like this:

Field1 & " " & Field2 & " " & Field3

For as many fields that you want to search at once. Since it's a calculation field, the contents of it will be updated as soon as the contents of any of the fields it's based on change. Then in your CDML pages, have the user search this calculated field.

Chuck

This topic is 8556 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.