Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Newbie needs help starting

This topic is 7052 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I have been hired to build a database. I use to build them all the time, but I haven't done it in years. I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me out with and get me started in the right direction.

First, the client has an office with 5 workers. One person will be entering the info into the database and the others want to stay current and only have the relavent info uploaded to their palm pilots. The problems are each person might need different info to be uploaded to their Palm. So for example the entertainment attorney might just need the entainment clients all sent to his palm and the defense attorney might only need the criminal clients info sent to theirs etc... Is this possible?

second, since one person will be updating the database what's the best way to link the databases so they ALL have the same CURRENT info? Is it best to have an online database for this? Or make one database where they all share it? I'm sorry if that's unclear.

Third, all the lawyers have Treo's are those compatible with filemaker or are they esentially the same as a Palm. I'm assuming they are since Palm makes them.

Fourth, Any advice you can give to get me headed in the right direction would be great!

I think that's it for now,

Thank you so much

THis is my first post. I hope it wasn't too stupid. smile.gif

This topic is 7052 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.