Send E-mail command

kkauker

This topic is 7074 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've just discovered the "Send Mail" command in script maker. How cool!

I have it programed and it works well. I was wondering if anyone knows if you can get information from a field and place it in a sentence in the body of the e-mail. For example:

"Please note that equipment borrowed on {SIGN OUT DATE} was due back on {DUE BACK DATE}....so on and so on.

I'd like to be able to grab the date that is in the Signed Out Field appear in the SIGN OUT DATE area and the date that is in the Due Back field in the DUE BACK DATE area. The {} are not needed, but I just wanted to set it apart from the rest of the text.

I tried different formats of the sentence with hopes it would grab the dates, but came up with errors.

Anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks,

Kris Kauker

Princeton University

You need to put the sentence together in a calculation field.

if you have fields {SIGN OUT DATE} and {DUE BACK DATE} the calculation would be:

"Please note that the equipment borrowed on " & SIGN OUT DATE & " was due back on " & DUE BACK DATE & " .... so on and so on."

be sure to add your spaces in to the text portions and the calculation result should be text. If the sign out dates are real dates and not text fields you may need to use Date to text functions, like:

Date to text (SIGN OUT DATE) where you see just the field name above.

Then use your combo field in the mail function as msg, I think...

hope this helps you.

This topic is 7074 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.