Using variables in fmxslt:send_email function

Brian Paquin

This topic is 7066 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to take what information is provided to the send_email function and make it dynamic (pulling data from a submitted form). I chose to use the concat function...

xsl:value-of select="concat('fmxslt:send_email(', "'", '[email protected]?subject=', $netid, '&[email protected]', "','", 'email_template.xsl', "',", '/,true())')"/

While the concat works (creating the correct output), the information is displayed to the screen - unprocessed by FMserver. I tried setting the string to a variable "send_email_now" and then use xsl:value-of select to call it out. This, also, caused the function to simply display on screen (unprocessed).

Is what I am trying to do impossible?

Brian

The result of concat is a string, that's why your whole fmxslt:... is displayed. Probably you want to do this:

<xsl:value-of select="fmxslt:send_email(concat('[email protected]?subject=',$netid,'&[email protected]'),'email_template.xsl',/,false())"/>

Martin

P.S. You can find the definition of the XPath functions like concat() at

W3C XPath 1.0 Recommendation, Core Function Library

A very good book about XSLT and XPath is: Michael Kay, XSLT : Programmer's Reference, 2nd ed., Wiley Publishing, ISBN 0-7645-4381 -4

This topic is 7066 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.