Strange... Value list based on relationship?

Steve Jensen

This topic is 7030 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is strange... I've set up a simple database with two tables... one holding a list of all possible entities (ValueTable), and another that uses those entities (MainDB). I have a value list that pulls data from the ValueTable table. Now, I have a need to restrict that list to some smaller amount... let's say that it's based on the value of a field that can be either "1" (include it) or "0" (don't include it). To do this, I set up a relationship that connects the MainDB to the ValueTable based on matching that boolean field with a calculated "1" in the MainDB. I know set up a value list based on that relationship. No go. I get all the values. I created a portal to show all the related fields, and it is correct. i don't get it. I am not explaining this well, so I've attached a demo. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

ValueListProblem.fp7.zip

Change your BoolValues value list to 'include only related values starting from' MainDB. Otherwise, it will display all values from the ValueTable_IncludeOnlyBooleans Table Occurance, which is merely an alias of the ValueTable. Adding the 'only related values' option is what filters the options based on the specified TO, MainDB, in this case.

This topic is 7030 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.