Export command is greyed out

This topic is 7023 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I'm trying to export records out of a FileMaker 7 file but the export command is grayed out. I've been given a project to place data from an old FileMaker 4 file into Excel (which I know how to do). I was able to open the old file in FileMaker 7 but no export option is available. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Lee,

Thanks for the info. I failed to mention that the old FileMaker 4 file was "designed" by another person 4 or 5 years ago. The view modes are greyed out and all the records commands are greyed out too. My google search suggest that I need a password or access privileges. I have the password but I was never asked for one and don't know where to insert said password. I read the migration info and I think I've done everything correctly.

When you open the files in v4, hold down the "Option Key" at the same time. You should get a dialong box for the password.

I usually have better luck doing this from the Finder rather than the File Meun > Open.

HTH

Lee

Thanks again,

I've got the login box to open in FM 7 but I don't know the Account name -it's nothing obvious. I can't open the files in v4 since it's not installed anymore. Is there a super-secret trick to get past the login box and have access to complete functionality of the file?

--John

PS. I'm running Mac OS 10.3.7.

This topic is 7023 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.