Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Exporting FM into MS access

This topic is 7030 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, Hayley, and welcome to FM Forums! Your easiest option will be to create a data file that is in a format readable by both Filemaker and Access. Probably, your best bet will be to export all your data to a csv file, and then import that into Access.

HTH,

Jerry

Why in the world would you want to do this? Before doing this, you might want to do a search of the Forum, as there has been plenty of discussion on this in the past. There is even a comparison of the two applications on FMI's site. If you are still in the process of making a decision, this White Paper shows quite a list of things to consider before choosing one over the other.

Anyway, to answer your question. Take a look at the File Formats in the Export menu, or refer to the Online Help, and/or Manual for a full description the formats. Then take a look at the Import options available in Access, pick one that matches up best. BTW, when all else fails, text will usually work.

HTH

Lee cool.gif

Thanks (Jerry & Lee) for responding so quickly to my message. Yes, it is quite absurd that I want to convert from FM to access, but need to do for purposes of supplying a large company with the information.

I will give your suggestions a go.

Many thanks

Hayley.

This topic is 7030 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.