Drop-Down Menu Problem

cdmlgod

This topic is 7021 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi everyone!! It is my first post haha had to throw that in.

To the problem:

We have employers going to a specific site where they log in with their email and password and after they log in, I am trying to create a drop down menu that is automatically populated with the first and last name of their employees. The employer's email address is

Also, how would I direct the employer to the next page based on his/her selection of the student in the drop down menu that corrisponds to the students record in the database?

I found some code on here that uses javascript, but for some reason i cannot get it to auto populate the drop down menu based on the employer.

I have included the db layout that I have. This is for an intership survey so alot of the fields are from the employer entering in the employee score.

Any help or guideance is appreciated:)

thanx

matt

InternshipsTabletogo.fp5.zip

On the filemaker side:

Make sure the record that stores the employer email address has some sort of ID that all of the employee records will also have on their records.

Then make sure you have a relationship from the parent table/file of employer email addresses to the employee table/file using that ID number as the matching key.

Then create a value list based on this relationship ID field to show the Names of the employees in a popup menu.

For the web side, maybe ask the remainder of your question in a different topic area that relates to the IWP (Instant web publishing) side of filemaker.

If you are trying to do this all in one table, just make a self join relationship from employer email TO employer email and then make a value list based on this relationship to bring up a list of employees. Then you just have to somehow make sure that the email address is identical for all the employee records.

This topic is 7021 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.