Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Silly beginner questions...

This topic is 7028 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm stumped. I am new to version 7 and am used to customizing published pages using ancient software (Claris HomePage). Please--someone help me with my IWP questions!!! I've looked through the manuals, printed and viewed the ones that came with the application, even browsed through any website I could to find my answers. My database is very, very simple accepting similar to address book information--so it is not complicated at all! In fact--I've been able to add records successfully via the web but still have the following questions:

1. How do I get rid of the default status bar in the left margin when viewing my layout on the web?

2. Since I want to take away the status bar, I need to add the ability to submit a record and to logout from a session. I know this can be done through the FM7 interface in layout mode. Are there any special codes I should use?

Any other advice for a newbie would be appreciated.

Thank you!

beginnerfm7 user

1. How do I get rid of the default status bar in the left margin when viewing my layout on the web?

In FileMaker Pro client, set up an opening script that Hides the Status Area. In FileMaker Pro Preferences, set the Opening Script to perform on Open.

2. Since I want to take away the status bar, I need to add the ability to submit a record and to logout from a session. I know this can be done through the FM7 interface in layout mode. Are there any special codes I should use?

To submit a record, go to any other record. Once you leave the current record, it gets submitted. Or you can also add a button, and assign a script to the button that "Commit Record/Request [no dialog]"

This topic is 7028 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.