Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Stumped over script contents.

This topic is 7029 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Not sure if this is the right forum in which to ask this question but I have come to a grinding halt yet again after a few very satisfying recent breakthroughs..

I am trying to create a script on my simple flat database which will perform a find on membership expiry dates and publish the results in a report if the date contained in the target field is less than or equal to the current [today's date] plus 30 days.

So far I have managed to get the script to work up to a point if the find is:

[Licence epxiry date] less than or equal to //

but this obviously only provides me with results up to the current date and previous, whereas I would ideally like to get results up to a month in front.

So I tried another tack and created a field which was Get(Currentdate). I then have spent the last 2 hours trying to find a way to get the script to work something along the lines of:

if [Licence expiry date] = less than or equal to [Current Date] + 30 then blah blah blah....

Being still totally new to FM and not really understanding databases, I am unfamiliar with the functions and how they are used although in a twisted logical way I know what I want to achieve but am obviously not sure how to do it. confused.gif

Needless to say I have been poring over the Help section of the proggy but am now totally confused due to all the jargon that is used. I think FM is the best thing since sliced bread and I am making progress slowly, but I am getting a bit frustrated in not being able to get it to work how I want it to due to my unfamiliarity with the App and its jargon.

Can anyone please help a confused designer?

Thanks

Blaggo

Blaggo:

Enter Find Mode []

Set Field [yourdb::License Expiry Date; "< " & (Get(Current Date)+30)]

Perform Find []

-Stanley

This topic is 7029 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.