Passing a variable in IWP - is it possible

This topic is 6994 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi everyone

I am developing a filemaker solution in FM7 - using IWP on Advanced server. I want to be able to direct people to a specific record in my FM7 database using a URL. Does anyone know of a way to pass a varaible to IWP through the URL which can then be pick-up by the start-up script in the database to then direct the user to a specific record.

I have emailed Filemaker to request that it is added to the next revision of Filemaker, however if there is a work around I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks

Neil

With custom web publishing, you have a lot more control over passing information to FM in a URL, in IWP, the only thing you can really do is tell it which DB to open. (Look at the URLs generated by the iwp home page)

Of course since you can set up IWP to require a username/password to get in, you can use the Get(AccountName) in your startup script to direct users to a specific record based on their identity. I think this was discussed in another post (or maybe in another forum or the newgroup, I can't remember)

Dana

This topic is 6994 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.