Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How to get Buttons to work in Preview Layout

tarheel

This topic is 7022 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I can't seem to get buttons to work in Preview Layout. If I am in Preview layout how does the user get back to the original layout without using the Status Area?

I want to hide the Status Area from the user.

Thanks for any input.

Bob...

One method is to take a "screen shot" of the previewed page with the Copy command, then paste it into a page-sized global field and view it in Browse mode.

Paste is layout dependent, so you'll need a layout with the container field on it for the paste step to work.

The script would go something like this:

Go to Layout [report]

Page Setup [restore, no dialog]

Enter Preview Mode []

Copy

Enter Browse Mode []

Go to Layout [layout with container field]

Paste [select, container field]

Go to Layout [page preview layout]

I don't seem to know how to do that. Can you help lead the way?

Certainly - investigate the upload here! One important thing that might not show obvious is that scriptparameters only are set to a value when executed from a button set Perform Script, thats why I make the script recursive. Futher more is it important to notice that the Print button is set to exit the previous script ...otherwise would the continue button be hanging after the printing have taken place.

float-fp7.zip

I looked at your file. But I don't yet understand how exactly this cvan be used as a floating button pallette.

I have a script that does much the same thing your's does: presents a window with a set of buttons. But, no matter how I try, I cannot get this secondary window to obtain the focus and leave the other window in Preview mode. I can if I run script A that pauses after Preview then manually run Script B that displays the window with the buttons. But trying to call the second window from the first script produces undesireable results, none of which leave the focus on the floating window while leaving the Preview window in sight and able to be acted on.

The exception is when I have an intermediate layout (used for user input related to the report) where I would normally place a Resume button. In that case I can use that button to call the floating window AND Resume the first script...

I cannot get this secondary window to obtain the focus and leave the other window in Preview mode.
But you believe your eyes when watching my script??

I can if I run script A that pauses after Preview then manually run Script B that displays the window with the buttons.

Well i kind of continues after preview by opening the new window which i turn into browse mode before i pause the script.

But trying to call the second window from the first script produces undesireable results, none of which leave the focus on the floating window while leaving the Preview window in sight and able to be acted on.

I do never really leave the script (exept when pressing cancel) - the thing I do is to exit the script by the button's exit previous script feature plus I do it with a scriptparameter ...which will tell my following script (the same) which of the buttons on the "float" have been pressed ...I didn't bother to have several buttons - but it's doable indeed, provided trapping exists in the "parameter exists" part of the scripts recursion.

But you might benefit from downloading the datepicker templates here:

http://www.spf-15.com/fmExamples/

--sd

This topic is 7022 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.