Test of client IP address

Martin Brändle

This topic is 6750 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

it seems that the client-ip param in FMS7A XSLT does not work properly.

According to the Custom Web Publishing Guide on p. 56, it should return the IP address of the web client. However, I always get as result the IP address of our web server, and therefore can not use it as a filter.

We have here a double server setup, one server is the database server, the other the web and web publishing engine server. It might be that on a single server (db+wpe+web) the behaviour is correct.

Therefore I have prepared a small test (see attachment), would you be willing to install it either in a Mac OS X or a Windows setting, and report the results here?

If it's a bug, I can send a feedback via FSA to FileMaker.

Many thanks for your help,

Martin

test.zip

hallo Martin,

the web server is sending the request to the db server, so the behaviour of the db server is indeed correct. The web server works like a proxy.

Tip:

Use an invisible form field and a (php/perl/javascript/..) script which puts $ENV{'REMOTE_ADDR'} in there on your WEB server.

No, no, <xsl:param name="client-ip"/> is a parameter set by the web publishing engine and should reflect the IP address of the web client, not the web server. It's the replacement for the former [FMP-ClientAddress] and [FMP-ClientIP] CDML tags in FM6.

I know that I can filter IP accesses directly in my Apache configuration file or by .htaccess . However, if FileMaker documents <xsl:param name="client-ip"/> giving the client address, it should do so.

Martin

• 8 months later...

This topic is 6750 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.