Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can not search or find records via web

This topic is 7023 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We are running Filemaker Server 5.5 Unlimited on one server (Computer #1). This server hosts all Filemaker web pages and runs a script that opens the database files (.fp5) located on another computer with the Filemaker Server 5.5 console (Computer #2). A third computer (Computer #3), running Filemaker 6 is used to edit each of the .fp5 databases (e.g. File > Open > Hosts...)

We use FileMaker to run our Grades and Comments database for our summer school program. Last year, all database files (4 of them) were labeled 2004summerschoolxxxx and all webpages (9 of them) were labeled 2004summerschoolxxxx. This year we needed to archive last years information and recreate the 2005summerschoolxxxx databases and webpages. So, we made a copy of all 2004 databases and webpages, and edited all database names and fields using Computer #3 (Filemaker 6) so that it had a 2005 prefix for this year.

The 4 2005 database files are being hosted on Computer #2 and the database works great when using Filemaker. I can add a new teacher, course, student, put them all together and give that student a grade and comment for each course with a specific teacher.

The problem I am running into is that I am able to use Filemaker and make changes to the database, but, when I log into the Grades and Comments database via the web and try to search for a student, course, lastname (anything really), it tells me it can not find any records. There are no error messages....it just tells me there are no records via a pre-designed webpage. It's almost like the webpages are not looking to the correct database, even though the HTML is correct.

When comparing the 4 database files from 2004 to the 4 database files from 2005, everything is the same except the prefix of many fields (2004 or 2005). When comparing the 9 webpage files from 2004 to the 9 webpage files from 2005, everything is the same except the prefix of many fields (2004 or 2005).

Is there a problem with making a copy of a database, changing the database name and field names, and then placing the revised version back on the server that hosted the "copied" material? After placing a database in a directory to be hosted do you have to run some kind of Filemaker Update feature to "force replication" of the latest data?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Newbies

Yes, the new databases are shared for Web companion and are running from the same application/server that the other (working) databases are running from. Thus, the preferences are the same regarding the port number, security, etc.

I can not access any of the databases when I put this information in: http://ip:port/FMPro?-dbnames (even the databases that work fine).

This topic is 7023 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.