Server Maintenance This Week. ×

login script

This topic is 7018 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am a total newbie to filemaker pro, and I'm desperately trying to set up a login page (without assigning privileges to users, just by creating a user database where new usernames are saved - this & the 'new user' layout work fine).

However, I had been working in filemaker pro 5.5, where I had written a login script that did what I wanted it to. It was something along the lines of:

If(currentdatabase::username = userdatabase::username and currentdatabase::password = userdatabase::password) Go To Layout "logged in"

But when I upgraded all the necessary files to fp7 & checked that all the relationships & everything worked okay, I noticed that this script no longer did anything. I've tried countless combinations, but as I said, I'm very new to this & would appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks in advance.

FMP 7 at last has *real* user accounts and passwords. Much easier to work with then FMP 6 and earlier.

If you want a Login system that is really secure, use FMP's built-in accounts. Everything else is easy to work around.

This topic is 7018 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.