Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Stop a page breaks appearing in a part! HELP!!!!!!

OPC

This topic is 7021 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a layout that sorts on a summary field and a sub-summary field... the issue is that it is breaking records that appear on the page, leaving the start at the botom of one page and finishing them at the top of the other with nop reference to what they are!... I really want them to all remain together in a group with their sub summary heading... eg ... If it can't fit the whole sub-summary in the space left on the bottom of the page, carry it all over to the next page and continue printing there! Surely this shouldn't be hard?

Current Issue displayed here...

Title

SubTitle

Name1

Name2

Name3

<<new page starts>>

Name4

Name5

I have tried all the settings in the layout setup and none fit the bill, I scoured help and nothing there... Now I'm trying the forums! Is there a way to do this. Surely this is a regular request for report writing?

Please no FM Help screens... I've read them all!

Please send suggestion as I slowly creep into madness!

Put the subtitle field in the Header, so the SubTitle appears at the top of every page.

You can force a page break before each sub summary part, so each appears on a new page. This gets a bit wastefull of paper when the lists are short though.

Thanks for the reply!

But that is the problem, the lists are at a maximum 14 entries, some with one only! I really want to run them one after each other, I just want it to have some "smarts" to move a whole "group" to a next page instead of breaking it whereever... is there anyway to do this?

This topic is 7021 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.