Server Maintenance This Week. ×

importing data from a web form

This topic is 7014 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

hey, im a comp. sci. grad student working on a project specification and ive hit a bit of a wall. the project im working on requires entering around 50 fields into a web form, running scripts on the inputted data to ensure integrity, then automatically entering the information into an existing FM database (all 50 fields should be 1 record). I have to use C++ in there somewhere (course requirement), and all data entry has to be automated (people maintaining the db have limited computer skills). Any ideas what the best way to do this is? I was considering generating XML or maybe an Excel file, but i cant seem to find a way to automate the import...any help is GREATLY appreciated. Feel free to reply here or email me at [email protected] with any help.

thanks again,

bill

Once you have created your text file for import you can have the data automatically imported by starting the FMP application and in the Edit->Preferences->Document check the box that says Perform Script in the "When Opening ....." box.

Of course, you must first import the file manually so that FMP can store the import settings, then write a script that will import the file. When you check the Perform Script box all the scripts in the FMP will be availabe for you to select in the dropdown box. Select your import script and this script will be automatically executed every time the FMP file is opened.

The Mad Jammer cool.gif

This topic is 7014 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.