Applescript Bug in Developer 7.03 Mac?

This topic is 7004 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have come across a simple and disturbing bug in FM7 and would like confirmation from other users (or some advice to correct the error if im making a false claim).

Here goes.

Bug Number 1

I) I setup a Filemaker Script

2) Inserted a perform native Applescript step.

3) Applescript works well EXCEPT when attempting to alter data from the FIRST record in the current set. Seriously, just a simple Applescript attempting to set basic data fails to the "Record in current use" error on the first record, but works on all the other records.

Is this a bug?

Bug number 2

When revising said Applescript for a runtime solution, setting field data fails for ANY record if Filemaker remains open. Quit FM7, runtime works fine.

Is their a code workaround that enables the Applescript to specifically address the runtime?

Cheers

The problem is that the record in FileMaker has to committed (or at least not busy) BEFORE the AppleScript runs. So just have a Commit Records/Requests step, then a Perform AppleScript step. My experience is that FileMaker runs AppleScript faster than an AppleScript application does, so there's no real advantage to use external AppleScript applications in most situations.

That's a good question though, how to tell FileMaker to commit from an AppleScript. I don't know.

Thank you greatly for your help.

Inserting a Commit Records immediately BEFORE the Applescript step has solved the problem...it seems that FM doesn't like having uncommited records. Makes me wonder whats the point of setting the ******* thing to automatically commit new records anyway but c'est la vie.

BIG HUG to Fenton

This topic is 7004 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.